- Oversee team responsible for operation of all company infrastructure including 150+ server instances on Amazon Web Services (AWS), 16,000+ headless Linux nodes, phones, servers, desktops, laptops, and networks.
- Responsible for hiring all IT staff and assisting the engineering department on conducting interviews and making hiring decisions.
- Improved implementation of processes to meet and exceed client SLAs.
- Reduced monthly AWS spend by $40k by rearchitecting legacy systems while maintaining high availability.
- Full rebuild of corporate network and phone system:
- Upgraded Internet service to dedicated Fiber connection.
- Migrated onsite Asterisks phone system to cloud hosted 3CX system.
- Transition of CloudFormation deployments to Terraform for increased functionality
- Automated the deployment process of services using Infrastructure as Code practices.
- Led the development of CloudFormation scripts and Go applications to fully automate AWS Infrastructure over multiple regions of various technology stacks.
- Evaluation and Testing of Kubernetes, Nomad, and Docker Swarm for future adoption.
- After the development of 100+ websites, transitioned business in 2012 to concentrate on providing high end web hosting and consulting utilizing AWS and Docker.
- All services and processes have been fully automated and architected using AWS, including EC2, S3, SNS, SES, Terraform, and Docker.
- Occasionally consult with companies on the use and implementation of AWS.
- Using RubyOnRails, architected and implemented server-side system for food ordering mobile applications and websites.
- Architected, implemented and managed all services using AWS. Took advantage of EC2, SES, SNS, RDS, S3, and supporting services.
- Managed the operation of Monro Muffler and Mr. Tire mobile applications.
- Architected, developed, and maintained frameworks used by 70+ .Net and
- Frameworks include document storage, workflow engine, portal, and security systems.
- Consulted department leaders on the adoption of a unifying technology system.
- As lead architect developed Visitor Pass System for the Provost Marshall of Fort Bragg.
- Visitor Pass System was developed to adhered to strict Department of Defense security requirements, and was used by 1000s of base personnel.
- Led team of developers while acting as primary technical contact for clients.
- Architected and developed Fortune 500 client websites, intranets, and applications.
- Developed a Content Management System from the ground up for St. John’s University using Microsoft .NET and XML/XSLT. The system was used by 100s of administrators and maintainers.
Accomplishments & Certifications
Skills & Proficiency
Flutter (Actively Learning)
Firebase (Actively Learning)